Before The Dawn of Technology
7:30 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Extended hours available upon request. Please see Mrs. Batson.
Closed during the school day? Look for signs posted on the main door for further direction.
You Shall Not Pass...Without A Pass!
Students must have a pass from their teacher to come into the media center during class time.
Students who wish to read, study, work on homework or use a computer may come during their lunch.
When you enter the library, show Ms. Batson your pass or tell her you are at lunch and proceed to being productive!
Students do not need a pass in the mornings or afternoons to come into the media center.
Rules of the Library
1) No Food or Drink: This limits animals of all shapes and sizes entering the library space and causing havoc.
Water is fine to have with you.
If you see the librarian eating, this is normally at Mrs Batson's lunch time.
2) No Social Media: Including Facebook, Instagram, MySpace, eBay, Shopping Websites, or any other social media website.
3) No Cellphones (unless directed by a teacher to use electronic devices for a lesson plan).
4) Be respectful, responsible, and safe: This includes being respectful to other students trying to work (including
the librarian!), treating equipment with care, not running around the library or in between the shelves, and maintaining a calm and quiet atmosphere.
5) Do not use the media center to socialize or "hang out."
6) Students may not socialize with VPS (virtual public school) students in the media center or vice versa. This would be like walking into a regular classroom and talking with a friend while class is taking place.
Students who fail to meet their responsibilities in the library will be given a verbal warning. If it is during regular class time and the misbehavior continues, the student will be sent back to class and the teacher will be notified. Severe disturbance or repeated offenses are dealt with by school administration. If necessary, parents will be notified about student behavior.