History Principal's Message Parent Welcome Advisory Council Bell Schedules Cafeteria Teacher & Staff Directory Calendars Carteret County Schools Handbook Driver's Ed Dress Code Student Parking Buses Fundraisers Faculty Resources Prom Student Handbook
CTE English Exceptional Children Fine Arts Foreign Languages Health & PE Math Science History
Athletic Information & Forms Booster Club Coaches Baseball Basketball Cheerleading Cross Country Football Golf Soccer Softball Swim Tennis Track & Field Volleyball Wrestling
All Clubs Leo Club Mathletes TARC Yearbook
Online Catalog Library Information Student Stuff Library News e-book Resources Teacher Resources
General Information Carteret Community College College Acceptances College Information Registering for Classes Scholarships Scholarship Information School Social Work SRO Stop Bullying Student Opportunties Testing Information

Within the Student Services Department, there are several people to assist you with your needs and requests:


Mr. Marion, School Counselor

Mrs. Jones, School Counselor

Mrs. Pilcher, School Social Worker

Ms. Pittman, Registrar



Officer Moore, School Resource Officer



There are many advantages to becoming a volunteer:

(1) Great College Resume Builder

(2)  Help others and give back to the community

(3)  Learn a new skill 

(4) Discover a possible career path 

(5) Networking


**Contact your counselor for opportunities


Student Services Locker

PPT, Word, Excel Viewers [Go]
Acrobat Reader [Go]

General Information

Scholarship Opportunities

Applications to UNC's Morehead-Cain scholarship and NC State's Park Scholarship are available in student services. Both of these scholarships cover the full cost of attendance to these schools. If you are strong academically and outgoing in the community, please consider completing these applications. 

Financial Aid Workshop

Attention! Attention!  If you have a senior that will be attending college next year, please attend the FAFSA (Financial Aid Workshop). Mrs. Brenda Long will be at our school to help parents learn the about important deadlines, process, and answer questions. 

Date:  September 24, 2019

Time:  6pm-7pm

Location:  ECHS Media Center.



Our Vision and Mission

Vision Statement

The vision of the East Carteret High School Counseling program is to provide a comprehensive program that inspires all students to embrace their heritage and to look for opportunities for future success.



East Carteret High School Student Services is committed to providing supportive services designed to empower all students to be productive responsible citizens.

Freshman!!! What Should I Be Doing?

  1. Focus on your grades and classes. GPA and Class rank matter when applying to college
  2. Sign up for extracurricular activities.  Get involved.
  3. Volunteer
  4. Start a log or journal to keep up with your awards, activities, and honors.
  5. Improve your study habits
  6. Take a career interest inventory.  CFNC.org is a great source.
  7. Talk with your school counselor about your plans for the future.

Sophomores!!! What Shoud I Be Doing?

  1. Take ownership of your education! Talk with your school counselor about your future plans.
  2. Talk with your teachers about how to best prepare for your tests and exams.
  3. Keep a log or journal of all school activities, awards, and honors.
  4. Take practice college admission tests like the Pre-ACT and/or PSAT.
  5. Volunteer
  6. Consider visiting a college campus on a school break.
  7. Get involved in your school community
  8. Consider creating your CFNC profile.
  9. Career exploration.

Juniors!!! What should I be doing?

  1. Take the PSAT ( not required but information very useful)- this is a National  Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test
  2. Take the SAT and/or ACT at least one time.- ACT will be given to all juniors in March.  Students should take the SAT during the Spring of the Junior year.
  3. Continue to monitor your classes and make wise class selection choices.
  4. Begin to decide what you want to major in.
  5. Look at colleges online to decide what college has your “major” or desired career
  6. Start compiling a list of all activities, honors, clubs, sports, leadership activities etc… that you have done while in high school
  7. You can receive TWO college visit days total for your high school career… so you might want to visit a college.
  8. Register with CFNC.org- has great financial aid, SAT/ACT study information etc..
  9. Study 30 min each day on SAT/ACT preparation.  Free materials can be found on CFNC.org
  10. Create a resume
  11. Athletes register with NCAA

SENIORS!!!! What Should I Be Doing?

1.  Start working on college applications- decide if you want to apply for early admission.

2.  Retake the SAT and/or ACT.

3.  Talk with your teachers and counselor about letters of reference.

4.  Update your resume.

5.  Update your list of activities, honors, etc...

6.  Choose which college to apply.

7.  Use free college application week if possible.


9.  Scholarships-  keep up with your emails and scholarship postings.

10. Research for scholarship opportunities.

11. Athletes make sure your information is updated for NCAA

12. File FAFSA  in February ( parents must have completed and filed taxes).  

Grading Scale

Grading Scale

Quality Points




AP and/or

CCC College Transfer

















59 and below





Academic Support-

* Academic Planning

* Referral for Academic Support

* Test Interpretation

* Student Record Interpretation

Career/College Planning-

* Financial Aid Workshops

* Scholarship Workshops

* College Nights

* Career Inventories

Responsive Services-

 * Individual Counseling

 * Small Group Counseling

 * Linking with Community  Supports

 * Linking with School Supports

 * Character Education

 * Crisis Intervention

How do I send a transcript with my college application?

This is a great question! Even better: I have the answer for you! There are two ways to have your transcript sent to the college or university that needs it for their application.


Beginning October 1, 2017:


For colleges and universities in North Carolina, you will need to go to http://www.cfnc.org.

     If you do not have an account, you will need to make one. 

     You will need your PowerSchool #.

     Under Transcript Manager, you will see directions on how to send your transcript.


For colleges, universities, scholarships, military, etc., please come to Student Services and fill out the Transcript Request Form. You will need to know the address of where you would like your transcript sent.



Updated: 09.03.2017